Vegan "Tuna" Salad Sandwich



Y'all I'm in love with a sandwich. It's not a fling or a one night binge. This is real, and true, and, dare I say it, committed. I've been eating this sandwich like nonstop. It's so easy and crazy-super-wonderfully delicious. I mean seriously. I don't know how I functioned lived without this sandwich. It's a life changer. The heavens will open, Jesus will appear and he will hand you this sandwich and say "Go forth and multiply veganize."

But I digress.

I'm on a bit of a chickpea adventure right now. Last week I made this awesome Vegan "Feta" and Mushroom Quiche with chickpea flour, and now I am totally captivated by the magical and mysterious ways of the chickpea. So all your former pescetarians give thanks and praise the lord! You can now nom away on some "tuna" without harming our fishy friends.






Yields 4 sandwichs
Ingredients
Tuna
1 cup cooked chickpeas (I got mine from a can)
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tbsp vegan mayo
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp parsley
Salad Fixings
1 cucumber peeled and thinly sliced
2 cups lettuce
1 cup grated carrots
8 slices of bread (I used rye)

Instructions
1. In a food processor pulse tuna ingredients together until well combined and mostly smooth.
2. Toast bread if that's your fancy then layer your fixings and tuna between two slices of bread and enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts