Orange Mango Float



I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for Spring! Winter has gone on long enough and Elsa has had her fun. I would definitely classify myself as a latte and sweater gal, but honestly I'm a little over it all. I'm ready for fresh fruit and sunshine! Apparently Mother Nature has other plans though since she just released the snowpocalypse. Well I for one am putting my foot down! I'm gonna start eating like it's Spring.... or well as best I can... Luckily for me the Golden Coast has remained virtually untouched by these icy winds, and I had some fabulous oranges sent to me from Melissa's Produce. I ate these oranges buried under massive amounts of knitted blankets and sweaters, but when I had a bite of these fruits I was transported away to sunny beaches and flower shops! To further along my game of pretend, I came up with this recipe for Orange Mango Floats. Literally liquid Spring!



This float is like the healthy fruiticious version of a root beer float! Except this one won't ruin that bikini body you've been working on for so long! In fact, store this recipe in your repertoire for those especially hot Summer days or even that glorious Spring-Break trip coming up!! Add a little tequila instead of the cashew milk and whoop you've got a party!


Ingredients
5 oranges from Melissa's Produce
2 large mangos
1 tbsp agave (optional)
1/4 cup cashew milk
dash of cinnamon 

Instructions
1. Cut the meat off of the mango and peel it. Cut your mango into smaller chunks and freeze in a ziplock bag overnight.
2. Juice your oranges either by using a juicer or slicing them in half and squeezing the juices out.
3. In a food processor or vitamix, blend the frozen mangos and agave for about 1-2 minutes or until it reaches a sorbet consistency. If you do not have a strong blender or food processor you can add a tbsp of any non-dairy milk to help your blender along. 
4. Scoop the mango sorbet from the food processor and stack scoops into a glass. Pour your orange juice over the sorbet until you have filled the glass 2/3 of the way full. Top off each glass with a tbsp or two of cashew milk and a dash of cinnamon. Serve chilled.


Comments

  1. Ohh that looks so good! I can't wait to drink this poolside when the weather gets warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange juicers can also be used for other citrus fruits such as grapefruits and lemons.Orange Juice machine www.orangejuicer-review.com This is good for you if you want to have some lemonade from time to time. It is important to choose a model that has all the features that you need so you can always have a cup ready for everyone in your home in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts